BONUM FACTUM is a new platform for contemporary art in Tashkent to create a mobile, open, presentation and discussion space that deals with issues of contemporary art, education, disclosure of creative potential, marketing of the city's territory.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
I. Background of the gallery.
The trend of using the old industrial space, barracks and warehouses began in the 70s. in London and New York (for example, Soho), where artists have found a cheap and huge space for their activities.
In the 80s, great controversy arose in England over the future of these vast industrial zones, inherited in the 19th century from the industrial revolution. As a result, many of these complexes were classified as "national industrial heritage" and were protected from destruction.
At the same time, programs to restore the "industrial heritage" were launched. Over the next few years, the huge funds of the EU Fund were spent on turning abandoned factories and warehouses into centers of culture and creativity.
Over the years, this approach to industrial buildings is becoming more popular, and the nature of such initiatives is commercial. These places completely changed their appearance. So, for example, many of them turned into shopping centers, fashionable restaurants and entertainment complexes.
The BF-space is a former bomb shelter in the orthopedic hospital, which has now acquired a new look, is located in the center of the city of Tashkent on the street. S.Azimova 20, deadlock 3.
II. The content of the gallery.
• Creating a digital photobank
• Exhibition Hall of Modern Art
• A site for festivals, concerts, theatrical productions.
• Educational programs on contemporary art, master classes on contemporary photography, painting, modern cinema, design, music, telling about a unique and progressive experience with the participation of lecturers and curators from Uzbekistan and various countries of the world
• Photo studio
• Artist's Workshop
• The creation in Tashkent of a new cultural institution more open and accessible in form and principles of work, taking into account the cultural interests of modern man, able to offer the metropolis a new quality of cultural leisure and a factory of ideas for improving life in the city.
• Promotion of the image of Tashkent as a modern popular territory, operating in an international context.
With the gallery cooperate well-known art historians, collectors, artists, designers, photographers and historians.